Search Here

Monday, June 1, 2009

Splish! Splash!


One of the discharge instructions given to me by the pediatrician after delivery was to bath my baby everyday to remove the vernix caseosa, a white cheesy substance that covers and protects the skin of the fetus and is still all over the skin of a baby at birth and for my baby to stay fresh because we live in a tropical country and its very hot. My first baby bath experience was a mixed emotions of excitement and fear. Excited because I'm gonna shampoo, caress my newborn baby; fear because she's very fragile...I need to hold and support her properly and the thought that I might break her bone terrefied me...hehehe.

Thanks to mom-in-law who went to my rescue. She demonstrated me how to hold and bath my baby properly. She is a real mentor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...