Search Here

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

My Summer 2011 Retreat

As I have mentioned in my earlier post, I went to a spiritual retreat a week before the Holy Week.  It was a very fruitful retreat and I especially like the place because it is very serene and away from the crowd of city life.  It was indeed a retreat in every sense of the word.

The retreat was held in the Transfiguration Monastery of the Benedictine Monks who owned a 100-hectare farm land planted with rice, corn, peanuts and coffee.  They also owned several animals like cows goats roaming around in the sprawling 100-hectare land.  So we were really in commune with nature, so to speak.

I also love the food.  They prepared great yummy foods with really nice variations and the taste was perfect. I especially like their pork adobo and chicken tocino. 

The big transfiguration monastery church is gorgeously situated in an elevated area where you see the vast mountains and plains. The design is like a pyramid and flowers around are nicely arranged complimenting the beautiful church.

Sharing to you some photos:

a pose before eating time:)

with friends

Fr.  Elias, our Retreat master, performing healing


 The beautiful Transfiguration Church

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...