Search Here

Friday, September 17, 2010

Herpangina Virus

My little girl was having a fever and she complained of something painful on her armpit. So I called up her pediatrician and told me to bring Keona to his clinic. Doctor Mike examined little girl's throat using a flashlight and a stick( I don't know the right term for it but it's sterile and looks like a handle of a popsicle). He found out that Keona is having a Herpangina virus so he prescribed us with an antiviral medicine. It's called methisoprinol (isoprinosine) with a dosage of 1/2 teaspoon or 2.5 ml for 3 days.

Since Keona was having a fever, her paracetamol is round-the-clock, it's every four hours, a tempra drops, 1.2 ml.

Never mind if I put all the information of her medicine here because I intentionally placed it her for future references.

On the second day that Keona was on medication, her fever started to cease and I was really happy and relieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...